The Health & Fitness Center at Washtenaw Community College not only offers a state-of-the-art facility, but we also offer a wide variety of services that are designed for all fitness levels. Our personal training staff, class instructors, and member services staff are dedicated to providing you with the best fitness experience possible. These services include:
- FREE Polar BodyAge Assessment with a certified Fitness Specialist
- Fitness Floor orientation
- Comprehensive exercise facilities and exercise classes
- Personal training and specialty programs
- Degreed and Nationally certified Personal Trainers and Fitness Specialists
- Certified Medical Fitness Facility
We believe that our facility will offer you a unique and personalized experience not offered anywhere else. Come in today and experience the Health & Fitness Center at Washtenaw Community College.
3 Ways Walking One-Hour per Week May Prevent Disability in Older Adults
The American Heart Association® recommends 2.5 hours per week of moderately intense activity to maintain good health; only about one in five adults and teens report following this guideline. Take a look at three ways in which older adults can begin their fitness journey by walking one-hour per week and gradually increase their exercise over time.